Sourced from China our Shine Skin Pumpkin Grade AA seeds have a shelf life of 12 months minimum from the date of manufacture and are 99.95% pure.
The pumpkin seed is flat and oval in appearance and green in colour. It is a solid seed with a fresh nutty taste with no off-smells associated with it.
Extraneous vegetable material makes up <0.05% and broken (smaller than ½) seeds/kernels <3%, discoloured seeds/kernels <5% and insect damage <0.5%.
The product is free from unhulled seeds / kernels /stick – tights, glass, metal, plastic, wood, stones, mud balls, infestation, GMO and irradiation.
The seeds can be packaged in 12.5kg and 25kg paper bags or vacuum packed and feature the company name, product name, lot number, pack weight, BBE date, country of origin and country of processing. The product should be stored in a cool and dry place at ambient temperatures.
The microbiological and chemical specification is*:
- Aerobic plate count (TVC) <500,000 cfu/g
- Aflatoxin B1 <2 µg/kg
- Arsenic <0.1mg/kg
- Cadium <0.6mg/kg
- Coliforms <5,000 cfu/g
- E.coli <10 cfu/g
- Lead <0.3mg/kg
- Mercury <0.2mg/kg
- Mercury <10 cfu/g
- Moisture <7.5%
- Moulds <5,000 cfu/g
- Peroxide (PON) <10 meq/kg Fat
- Salmonella Absent in 25g
- Staphylococcus aureus <10 cfu/g
- Sum of Aflatoxin (B1, B2, G1, G2) <4 µg/kg
- Yeasts <5,000 cfu/g
* The above specification was correct at the time of publishing but should be used as guidance only. For the current specification please contact us.