Sourced from India and Syria, our nigella seeds have a minimum shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture and are 99.98% pure.
The nigella's seed is flat, firm, oval shape, small sized and blackish brown in colour. The taste and odour characteristic of the product is without taints and non-fresh characteristics.
Extraneous vegetable material makes up <0.02%, broken (smaller than ½) seeds/kernels <0.2%, discoloured seeds/kernels <0.5%, damaged seeds <0.2% and foreign bodies 0.02%. The product is free from glass, metal, plastic, wood, stones, mud balls, infestation and GMO. There is a low risk of cross contamination is the product is processed on the same line as cereals containing gluten and sesame seeds.
Packaged in 12.5kg and 25kg paper bags featuring the supplier name, product name, net weight, lot number, BBE date and country of origin, the product should be stored in a cool, dry place at ambient temperatures.
The microbiological and chemical specification is*:
- Aerobic plate count (TVC) <200,000 cfu/g
- Aflatoxin B1 <2 µg/kg
- Ash total/Acid insoluble <8%/<2%
- Bacillus cereus <20 cfu/g
- Cadmium <0.6mg/kg
- Coliforms <1,000 cfu/g
- E. coli <10 cfu/g
- Free Fatty Acid (FFA) <2%
- Lead <0.3mg/kg
- Moisture <15%
- Moulds <1,000 cfu/g
- Staphylococcus aureus <20 cfu/g
- Sum of Aflatoxin (B1, B2, G1, G2) <4 µg/kg
- Yeasts <2,000 cfu/g
- Salmonella Absent in 25g
- Sum of pesticide is in line with current EU legislation (No. 396/2005)
* The above specification was correct at the time of publishing but should be used as guidance only. For the current specification please contact us.